Simply, home care is a comprehensive set of services that allows you to regain and/or maintain your health and independence while receiving the medical care you need. And, that medical care is provided in your own home, where you are most comfortable.
Active Home Care can accept a variety of payments options:
- Insurance We have a working relationship with a variety of insurance providers that may cover services for our clients. Where applicable, we will work with our clients to bill the insurance provider directly to ensure claims are being processed timely and minimize out-of-pocket expense.
- Medicaid We participate in state Medicaid programs. These programs offer a variety of care options for eligible clients. Call your local Active Home Care office for more details.
- VA Benefits We are contracted with the Veteran’s Administration to provide home care services. You can call your local Active Home Care office for more details.
- Private Pay Many families and clients opt to pay privately instead of working through an insurance provider. You can contact your local Active Home Care office for our rates and information on flexible payment schedules. Note: Private pay expenditures may qualify as a tax-deductible medical expense. Please consult with your tax adviser regarding your personal situation.
There are a number of reasons why you should call Active Home Care to begin services. These reasons may include:
- If you or a love one needs assistance getting in and out of bed, bathing, dressing, etc.
- When you or a loved one is recovering from an illness, injury or surgery
- If you need to ensure that your loved one receives a suitable amount of social and physical interaction
- If you have a concern about your loved one preparing or cooking their own meals
- When your loved one may need reminders to take their medication in a timely manner
- If your loved one needs assistance around their home
- When you need a break, or respite, for a brief or extended period of time
Active Home Care understands that our business is represented by the home care aides we employ. Therefore, we carefully screen and select those nurses and aides who meet the following requirements:
- Criminal background check
- Valid License verification
- Professional reference checks
- Current immunization and health physicals
In addition, all of our home care aides complete a competency exam upon hire and are fully insured. All of our home care aides are regularly supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
If you are interested in joining the Active Home Care team, please fill our online application.